c4oa header mint

Auction Prices

More
14 years 8 months ago #399 by mcfly65202
Replied by mcfly65202 on topic Re:Auction Prices
There is an 1891CC Eagle NGC MS-63 at the Scotsman Auction on the 16th of October. It's Lot #809. The photo shows some scratches, but they could be just the slab. I'll be taking a look at it tomorrow. If you have trouble finding Scotsman through MSN, try scotsmancoin.com.

I'm taking a hard look at the 1890CC Half Eagle and I'm wondering if I'm going to be bidding against any of my C4OA compadres. If so, please give me a break. I am haunted with capital desires on a paupers budget. Atleast my wife has decided to quit asking me, "How much did you pay for that?" So, that helps.

Let me know if you would like for me to look at anything in the auction.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #400 by Carsonite
Replied by Carsonite on topic Re:Auction Prices
McFly, the 1891CC Eagle NGC MS-63 looks low-end---too many contact marks, especially in the left obverse fields.

The 1890-CC $5 in AU-58 looks decent. You should go after it, and since you're revealing where these coins are, you should get first dibs on it---other C4OAers should let you have it, uncontested.

The 1878-CC quarter looks like a semi-cancelled die variety. The coin is probably a bit rough, and it might not qualify for PCGS or NGC grading, but at a cheap price, it wouldn't be a bad deal.

Good luck McFly.

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds