c4oa header mint

E-Gobrecht Auction News For CC coins

More
12 years 7 months ago #3273 by randysc
The Numismedia web site's "Fair Market Value" guide is a litle closer to the real auction prices with the price for the 1871 half dollar listed at $3210 compared to Loosechange's auction price of $4025 and the 1878 half dollar at $5560 to the auction price of $6900, still we're talking of a difference of nearly $1000 and more.
-R.-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3274 by coindrummer
Hi Randysc

At least Numismedia's "Fair Market Value Guide" is close...or closer than most. Some of the books/mags "CC" prices that I've seen are completely off the mark (low).

Isn't it funny though that all of the prices, even the close ones, are always lower than prices realized. Have you actually ever seen (or heard of) book type coin prices that were actually higher than real world "CC" prices realized?

If you have, let me know, I'd love to see that...

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 7 months ago #3275 by Loosechange
Randysc, I like the numismedia website because like you said it is close to real value. Auction prices though an indicator can be at time difficult to interprate. In my opinion, because the lack of mint state coins I find that these prices are closer to reality. Mint state coins when found are usually in the stratusphere when offered at auction. We will see what the next auction results bring, I have noticed from past E-newsletter that some coins don't sell either. I will keep everyone posted. I like the discussion and insight this is getting.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds