c4oa header mint

1882-CC $10 Gold Eagle "CC" Coin of the Week 10-30-2011

More
12 years 6 months ago #3562 by deepsouthspike
Randy, Loosechange, Garry, Belay, and Carsonite,

Thank you for your time in replies on my last 111- week article,
What a Great project it has been indeed! I know that after researching the 1882-CC Eagle, I certainly would like to try to find a nice example, one that my wallet can afford. Someday perhaps....

Belay, the example pictured is in an NGC holder and is graded AU-55. I selected it for the article for the very same reasons you described, what a great specimen of another valued coin from the amazing Carson City Mint.

The "CC" mini bars of Silver are seen at Coin shows for sale and often on Ebay as well. Most of the time these sell for more than their silver value due to the buyer wanting them because they represent the Carson City Mint,the same reason I purchased one just to have to go along with my "CC" collection.

I am working very hard towards reaching greater goals in my work and I have had to make some major sacrifices towards my family and friends and my passions for anything related to the Carson City Mint. I am pleased that I was able to complete this addition to the 111-week project and I look forward to a time that I will be able to continue more research for this forum and Curry's Chronicle and the CCCCOA.

Best,
deepsouth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3564 by coindrummer
Hi Deepsouthspike

I am so glad you were able to join up with the COWboys once again for a fantastic article.

I especially loved all the pictures....is that 1882 Times-Review newspaper yours? How about the books? The mining and engineering and the Comstock geology atlas? Wow, if so, they are downright valuable collectibles in their own right.

You're correct when you said that the 1882-CC eagle is not considered a rare or exciting date...but you made it important by the very way you wrote your article.

The "CC" silver mini-bar? Where in heaven's name did you get that interesting and fascinating piece?

Thanks again for a wonderful post.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds