c4oa header mint

1873-CC Without Arrows 10c CC Coin of the Week Part Two - 12-18-11

More
12 years 4 months ago #3846 by Carsonite
Belay Off,

If I can inspire people to become more interested in the subjects of the Carson City Mint and its coins, it makes the effort I put forth worth it. I appreciate your expressions of how my article on the 1873-CC Without Arrows dime moved you.

You wrote:

...when I read your novelette on the King of Carson City coins.

Just for clarification, a novelette is defined as being a short novel, a short work of fiction. Although the story of the 1873-CC Without Arrows dime at times might seem like a fictional tale, it is a true story. What I wrote about it is, as far as I can ascertain, factual. Perhaps a better word to describe my article might be monograph; which defines a work of non-fiction, a detailed and documented treatise on a particular subject.

It has been my pleasure to contribute the final article (and the preceding three articles) to the COTW project. I want to thank you Belay Off for keeping this project on course over the past two years and three months, and I want to congratulate the other participants who hung in there until the end (and even those who had pieces of the project along the way).

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3847 by Garryn
Very true, Belay Off deserves accolades for keeping the project on schedule and making sure each coin was covered. I should know, because I did not carefully review the schedule one week and wrote an essay on a coin a second time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds