More
12 years 7 months ago #3213 by randysc
Replied by randysc on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
It ain't got that swing! Yeah!
-R.-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3232 by maryelise8863
I'd like to announce that the original My Precious (1878-CC Morgan Dollar, AU Details, Obverse Damage) now has a baby sister. Meet My Precious 1877-CC Seated Liberty Quarter, EF-45 Details, Scratched!

I fell in love with the reverse actually, which is why I'm showing it. There's a bit of glare on the holder in the photo, and a few scratches on the holder as well. The reverse is beautiful to me. The notable scratches are actually on the obverse.

I've discovered I like my two "details" coins, not just because of budget, but because there's beauty struggling to be seen in them despite their imperfections. I guess I like the underdogs!

There may be another baby sister soon added to The Details Collection. I have my eye on a CC dime! :huh:

Mary Elise

Mary Elise
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #3235 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
Hi Maryelise

This is just fabulous! I really do like the picture of the reverse of your new "baby precious"

I wonder, do you think anyone has a complete (or near complete) set of "CC" gold & silver coins in "AU Details" condition?

You just might be the first!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 7 months ago #3238 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
Nice coin!! I agree with Drummer, will we be seeing a "Details" type set???

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 7 months ago #3252 by maryelise8863
Drummer and Loosechange, you will be seeing a Details Type Set, I hope! How soon that'll be complete...well...

Here are my dream parameters for the set:

I would like one coin for every year the Carson City Mint was open. Right now I have 1877 and 1878...and maybe 1875. I don't want to repeat any years...unless something's just too good to pass up.

I'd love to have one of each CC coin.

I'm also trying to find one coin in each grade...or at least details.

Big dreams on a beer budget, I know!

Being a collector is hard work! :blink:

Any suggestions?

Mary Elise

More
12 years 7 months ago #3254 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
Thats a great photo, mary elise and a nice coin for your set. Post the obverse at your convenience please.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds