12 years 7 months ago #3163 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
It's still a CC. Nice coin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3171 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
Hi Maryelise

I wish to congratulate you on the acquisition of your very first "CC" coin...welcome to the club!

I only wish that I had kept my first "CC" coin...yes, it was ugly, but it was my first! Hold on to this coin forever...you will always treasure it...."My precioussss' (as Gollum would say), make sure it never gts thrown in the fires of Mt. Doom!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 7 months ago #3173 by maryelise8863
Thanks Garryn and The Drummer! And again to everyone. I will value my coin choices no matter if they're the best deal or not, the best looking or not.

And there's nothing wrong with an ugly coin, if it's not ugly to you. One person's ugly coin is another person's beautiful one, I'm sure. But my article wouldn't have been as funny (which I hope it was) if I'd been too PC. ;)

A Gollum-like monster has been created! Believe it or not, there may soon be additions to "The Details Collection" as I've dubbed it.

:ohmy:

Mary Elise

Mary Elise

More
12 years 7 months ago #3174 by randysc
Replied by randysc on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
The great Duke Ellington once said "If it sounds good, it is good!" I think the same applies to coins, if it looks good, it is good.
Maryelise, it is good!
-R-

More
12 years 7 months ago #3200 by maryelise8863
Hi all!

I've been [obsessively] studying my first CC coin. And I think I've discovered that it's a VAM-24: www.vamworld.com/1878-CC+VAM-24

I don't know how grading works. Because my coin has obverse damage, will NGC only give it the description it already has? Or is there the possibility of resubmitting it with a note about my alledged discovery? Should I try submitting it to PCGS? Or does it really matter one way the other?

I sure think it's fun to possibly have discovered something about my coin that the grader didn't note. Nor the previous owner.

This stuff sure is fascinating! I need to get a better loupe. I can't see the mint mark well enough.

Mary Elise

PS - I've also learned that photographing and scanning coins is perhaps one of the most difficult [and annoying] things I've ever tried to do! Someday I'll get better photos, but for now I'm glad I have some from the previous owner.

Mary Elise

More
12 years 7 months ago #3210 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Just Buy the CC Coin
Hi Randysc

You mention the great Duke E. ...way to go!!! A man after my own heart....

"It don't mean a thing, If....." You know the rest!

:woohoo:

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds