c4oa header mint

Comstock Ephemera from the drummer collection

More
13 years 3 months ago #1967 by coindrummer
Hi Randy

I found out about Lizzie and Albert (Fourth Ward School students) by looking them in in the registries as found in the school building.
Thanks for your kind words here and I hope to see some of your Ephemera items one of these days.

Michael the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1968 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

Yes, the Bullion and Exchange check is large. I have it stored between two clear plastic pages and then inside a binder clear page sideways...it's the only way to store those big bills/checks that I know of.
I found the report cards at the Fourth Ward School...they were actually selling them. I don't know if there's any left but next time you are there, check in the school building itself for them (at the gift shop located on the first floor near the entrance).
I want more of these! They are interesting to say the least and in the case of student Albert, rather sad.
They are not originals however, but copies of the originals. They still represent great history to me though.

Deepsouthspike has some really cool stuff (and more of this than I do) but I've had all my items for quite a while.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 3 months ago #1969 by Garryn
Just as a reminder, pictures of mine are on pages 3 and 4 of the New Collecting thread in the Carson City Ephemera section.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1970 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

Now that is some really cool stuff. I only wish my Bullion and Exchange check had a signature like T.Hofer's on it....my check is dated 1897, long after Hofer's time.

My stuff is in the wrong section...it should be in Ephemera section and not the Exonumia section where it mistakenly is now.

My mistake

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1972 by Garryn
Thats ok Mike, its the paradiddles again. But not to worry, there are frequent appearances of TR Hofer Bullion and Exchange checks on Ebay. Many are payable to individuals who sign the backs. They are very inexpensive as most sellers do not know who TR Hofer is.

collectibles.shop.ebay.com/Bank-Checks-D...trksid=p3286.c0.m282

here are a bunch. This seller is selling two Hofer checks for $7. But he has them listed twice. Maybe it is one check for $7. Your check with the $10 eagle avatar is selling for $125.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Garryn.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1974 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

Thanks for this great info...these items are inexpensive now, but who knows what they might be worth in the future! No matter, they're nice to have anyway.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds