c4oa header mint

High prices for used copies of "The Mint on Carson..."

More
13 years 7 months ago #1561 by mitchell
Has anyone else noticed that the price of a used copy of Rusty's first book, "The Mint on Carson Street" is over $150?

If you try to buy one right now, you could pay $180 plus shipping for one of two used copies being sold through Amazon or you could buy the only copy listed on abe.com (a used books web site) for $131 plus $20 shipping from France. Powell's book in Portland (a very big used book store) doesn't have a copy.

If you own a copy, guard it well!

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #1564 by Belayoff
Wow...I had no idea. Gee, mine is even signed!!

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 6 months ago #1567 by Loosechange
One of my favorite books. Mine is signed also but you will NEVER see this one for sale.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 6 months ago #1569 by Belayoff
A few years ago I tracked down and bought Bower's Two Volume Silver dollar encyclopedia. I believe I paid around $400 for the used, but excellent condition set. It's a lot more expensive today.

Similarly difficult to find and expensive was Walter Breen's classic reference book on US and colonial coins.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 6 months ago #1574 by coindrummer
Hi you guys

I am the lucky owner of not only one, but two copies of "The Mint on Carson Street". Both are autographed along with an endearing note by the author. One is my hardback home copy and the other is the soft back version which goes with me on every trip I take. It serves as my traveling "reference" guide.
It's no surprise to me that this very special book has gained in value...in similar fashion, Curry's Chronicle issues may do the same.
I indeed value my copies....not for sale at any price!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 6 months ago #1581 by Belayoff
Hmmmm,

I didn't know hard back copies had been produced. I'll call Southgate tomorrow and ask. I doubt any are left anyway. Thanks for the tip Drummer.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds