c4oa header mint

1870-CC Rotated reverse

More
13 years 2 months ago #2006 by deepsouthspike
With all the members and guests that access this forum, I am wondering how many have had a chance to check their 70-cc dollars? I am picturing Rusty with a bank bag of about 50 of these 70-cc dollar coins sitting on a table in the back of Southgate coins.....Just kidding......
But I bet he probably has examined at least that many 70-cc dollars in his time, perhaps more.

Any one else have any other date or mintmark Seated dollars with rotated reverses? I would like to have a better idea, are Seated dollars commonly found with a rotated reverse? If so to what degree of rotation is usually seen?

Tom DeFina

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2007 by coindrummer
Hi Deepsouthspike

I myself have not seen very many of these rotated reverse "CC" seated dollars, but you are without a doubt correct about Rusty...I'm sure he's gone through tons of them. It's also possible that Rusty has handled or inspected this very coin as pictured. I currently don't own anything like this in and I'd dearly love to have at least a few special "CC" varieties/errors in my collection. Hopefully, someday at least.
If this rotated 70-CC dollar here is genuine, I certainly do hope one of our club members have the honors!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2009 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:1870-CC Rotated reverse
Im sure its a bad picture

More
13 years 2 months ago #2012 by coindrummer
Hi Deepsouthspike

Now that's a rotated reverse....what a great coin you have there!
This is like a COWpost in and of itself!

Thank you for the great portrayal of this fabulous coin.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2017 by Belayoff
Replied by Belayoff on topic Re:1870-CC Rotated reverse
Tom,

The only ones I've seen have been the examples brought to our C4OA meetings by members.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2018 by Belayoff
Replied by Belayoff on topic Re:1870-CC Rotated reverse
Drummer,

Don't you ever sleep? Unless my computer is wrong you posted your last message around 3am! Wait...I know! You're a day trader on the Indonesian Stock Exchange.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds