c4oa header mint

Show me some of your CC Vams

More
14 years 11 months ago #165 by Garryn
The pic you posted is the Vam 2, Roger, not the 2b. The 2b does not show the misplaced date.

I have to get a new microscope to photograph the details, Brian. I will try to get a full shot of the coin with my digital this week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #166 by ccroger
You are absolutely correct...vam2. I really like the misplaced 1.

Are both of your CC filled on the vam 2?

More
14 years 11 months ago #167 by Garryn
on my 2A? Yes, both filled, the left one completely, the right one about 2/3 of it is filled.

More
14 years 11 months ago #168 by Garryn
Yes I agree, the misplaced digit on the 2 and 2A is really cool. Very scarce on a Morgan Dollar. Many more misplaced digits are known on Indian Cents.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #170 by Belayoff

I'm not an avid VAM collector but I do own an exceptional 1890 CC Tail Bar Morgan graded MS 64. The coin is a whisker away from grading MS 65 and has bright, virtually untouched surfaces. There are barely discernable counting machine roller striations on Liberty's lower jaw and only a few miniscule contact marks on the obverse field in front of Liberty's forehead.

The strike is very bold and would require a proof coin to eclipse the detail and sharpness of this piece.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Carsonite.

More
14 years 11 months ago #171 by Garryn
I agree, Belay. One of the nicest I've ever seen. There are thousands of VAM varieties, but some coins are just in a class by themselves and the Tailbar is one of them. I have two and I love them.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds