c4oa header mint

Submit Your Fall-Winter 2011 Letters to the Editor!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3423 by Ms. Maya
C4OAers,

According to the last thread, it seems that a lot of you have received the fall-winter 2011 Curry’s Chronicle. It’s good to know we’re not having any wide-spread panic attacks due to a less-than-par postal service.

Now that you’ve had a chance to read through the journal (and drool on it, and re-read it ;)), lets here some of your comments!
I’m opening this thread for you all to post your letters to the editor for this issue!

Of course, you’re always welcome to send in your letters to the editor the traditional, snail-mail way, as well as to the club email address (members@ccccoa.com). But for those of you who are active participants on the Discussion Board, posting them here lets you skip a couple steps!

We’d love to get some of your feedback. As you should know by now, you’ll be sure to see any comments you submit in the Letters to the Editor section in the upcoming spring 2012 Chronicle.

As always—thanks for your support!

Maya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3552 by Ms. Maya
:unsure: ... No letters to the editor this issue?

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3554 by Garryn
John Crane's article in his Carson Coin Corner [Fall - Winter 2011] reminded me that the Stack's Philadelphia Americana Sale Sept 30 - Oct 2, 2010, that included Louis Eliasberg's numismatic files, also included Anthony Terranova's collection of 267 counterstamped coins. The host coins included almost every conceivable coin type from a Connecticut Copper, a Wreath Cent, to double eagles and a variety of foreign coins.

The collection did not include John's 1876-CC quarter, however, it included only four Carson City coins; two 1876-CC dimes, lots 5032 and 5033; and two 1875-CC half dollars, lots 5164 and 5165. There is no other coin in the collection with the G.S.B counterstamp.

Rich Hartzog's website exonumia.com includes a list of all known merchant counterstamps by Gregory Brunk.

www.exonumia.com/art/cma.htm

There is no G.S.B counterstamp on the list. It would be on the first page of the link; A - C, B being the last letter in the acronym. [It is likely this list was last updated in 2003.]

Note that John's counterstamp does not include a period after B and there is a G.S. Bond counterstamp listed in the Brunk reference in the second column. Could John's coin be an unknown abbreviated G.S. Bond counterstamp, or is it an unknown private counterstamp?

Did anyone purchase any of the coins from this collection?

Just FYI, I also was able to obtain some Eliasberg paperwork connected to a coin I have, but it is not Carson City related.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Garryn.

• alwayzsmiln1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3555 by alwayzsmiln1
Thanks Garry! :) -Nicole
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Ms. Maya.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3556 by Loosechange
I would post a letter to the editor, but I still have not received my Curry's yet ( Nov. 2nd ) :(

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3566 by Loosechange
WOO HOO Curry's Chronicles has finally arrived. I will review when I finish reading and re reading it. Thanks again Southgate for putting out a quality journal!!!!!!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds