c4oa header mint

Submit Your Fall-Winter 2011 Letters to the Editor!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3655 by Loosechange
Another super Curry's Chronicles!!!!!! Great job as always Southgate crew getting out the journal to us hungry "CC" fanatics. I enjoyed Cranes Carson Corner and look forward to more of John insight. Bob Brock's article on his 1873-CC Liberty Seated Dollar all I can say is WOW what a coin. Thanks Mary Elise for your highlites of the ANA Show in the windy city. I was there through your article. I did miss Tom Defina's wordsearch. Hopefully he will be able to continue the tradition in the future Curry's Chronicles. Rusty's tireless research puts another gem for us to utilize in our searches for that special Carson City coin. Talk about such useful information that you cannot find anywhere but here folks. I also enjoyed Tony Arnold's article in his quest for a complete "CC" collection. We are all there with you Tony!! Mitchell I kept asking myself where you find all your stuff and you were more than generous in sharing with me a couple of your secrets. I too have one of those standups minus the brochures but they just look so cool!!!!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Loosechange. Reason: forgot a topic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3701 by Belayoff
Drummer,

The Fall -Winter 2011 edition of Curry's Chronicle is a delight. It's very well balanced with a combination of current events described by Mary Elise's article, and very specific collecting endeavors chronicled by Bob Brock and Mark Archambault. The edition is grounded by Weimar White's reminder of why coin collectors love Carson City coins and history and treated to something unique with Mitchell Yee's detailed article about GSA ephemera.

I have tremendous respect for Tony Arnold who, in my opinion, is not a man to be taken lightly, regardless of the subject. While his article was written with self deprecating humor, I have no doubt that he already has built one heck of a Carson City coin collection and will continue to expand the number of examples as close to the 111 mark as he possibly can. My hat's off to you sir for your enthusiasm and commitment.

I am thrilled that John Crane will write a regular "column" for Curry's Chronicle and I thoroughly enjoyed his submission about countermarked coins.

Rusty's article is an extremely important piece. The information and experience he has compiled since writing The Mint on Carson Street in 2003 is on display for all to see in his essay on Carson City coin survival from the pre-Morgan era. Unless I miss my guess, this Curry's Chronicle article is a precursor for an expanded thesis
intended to edify and update the numismatic world on the rarity of collectible Carson City minted coins.

After reading Rusty's article, one cannot help but realize that no matter how difficult the task of building a solid CC collection is today, it will become exponentially more difficult in the decades ahead.

What an honor it is to be a part of this great coin club.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 5 months ago #3702 by coindrummer
Hi Belay

Your review of the Fall-Winter 2011 Curry's Chronicle is beautifully written. Everything you say is true and represents exactly how I feel. It is indeed an honor to be a member of the C4OA!

I also agree with you about Tony...he is a man to be greatly respected.
I'll bet he has a "CC" collection to die for!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds