c4oa header mint

Submit Your Fall-Winter 2011 Letters to the Editor!

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3570 by coindrummer
Hiya Maya!!

I spent the better part of today writing a review of the Fall-Winter Curry's Chronicle (24th issue).
It's too long to include the full story here so our fellow C4OAers will have to read all about it in the next issue.

Basically, I reviewed each article separately including the Letters to the Editor

This 24th issue is a shining example of Curry's at it's best with such a wide variety of topics all related to "CC" lore. In all the many numismatic publications available today, there's nothing like our Curry's Chronicle to provide collectors with "CC" related info...nothing even comes close!

I was delighted to see a new writer (Bob Brock) and a new topic (John Crane)- a subject that will continue as a series, "CRANE'S CARSON COIN CORNER"
I'm also delighted to read that our fellow C4OAer John McCloskey discovered and verified a new third variety of the 1871-CC half eagle!

The tables that Rusty Goe provided in his article How Many "CC" Coins Survive from the Pre-Morgan Silver Dollar Era - 1870 to 1877? are fascinating and represent exhaustive and up-to-date research on this important subject. This is info you will not find anywhere else.

I have to mention that I'm a bit sad to NOT see Tom Defina's patented "CC" Word Puzzle section. I know that Tom is swamped right now and hopefully we will see a continuation of his great word puzzles in the future.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3576 by Garryn
Yes it was too bad he could not get a puzzle in this issue

More
12 years 6 months ago #3577 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn
Hopefully, Tom will be back with future word-search puzzles in the Curry's...I got so accustomed to them being there I really missed it. :(

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3582 by pmk700
Missed the puzzle too! But great issue!

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3631 by Garryn
It would be interesting to see a color picture of Bob Brock's 1873-CC dollar. The toning pattern is bisected on the obverse and that would be interesting to see in color. If there is one available, please post it!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Garryn.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3640 by coindrummer
Hiya Maya

I've got my letter in!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds