c4oa header mint

Fun find...... GSA stand-up

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1669 by mitchell
Look what showed up in the mail today!

It measures about 13 inches by 18 inches.

These stand-ups were used to distribute the bidding brochures for the "Last of a Legacy" sale. Back in 1972, you might have seen the stand-ups in government offices like post offices, etc.

Here's another picture of a similar stand-up with the GSA administrator Arthur Sampson back in 1972.

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Center images

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #1676 by Belayoff
Very cool Mitchell! You are quickly becoming the "go to guy" for examples of GSA ephemera.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 5 months ago #1685 by Carsonite
Mitchell,

That Last of the Legacy poster is a dream-come-true mounted wall hanging. It would make a great conversation starter if hung in an office or a living room.

And just think, there were thousands of these posters hanging all over the place and sitting on countertops in the early 1970s. Now they are as scarce as some of the better date GSA dollars in high grades.

You have definitely been in the right place at the right time on certain occasions when it comes to GSA memorabilia.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 5 months ago #1743 by Loosechange
Great find there Mitchell! Collecting CC memorabilia just adds to the fun. Like Rusty said I am certain that some of those items are scarcer than the coins themselves. By the way what is your secret in finding such cool stuff?

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 5 months ago #1745 by mitchell
Hey Loose-change:

No secret - just got lucky and bought it when I saw it.

It's now framed and hanging on my living room wall.

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1779 by Belayoff
I think its more than luck. I keep an eye out all the time for CC related items but almost never see anything. Some of the special CC related ephemera at last August's C4OA meeting was incredible..especially yours and Randys.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds