c4oa header mint

Fun find...... GSA stand-up

More
13 years 3 hours ago - 13 years 3 hours ago #2599 by mitchell
Here's a picture of my "Last of a Legacy" standup in a frame. The matte had to be custom cut but fits into a standard frame (16 3/8 wide x 20 3/8 high).

The stand-up is mint and was never used.

C4OA Lifer!
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 hours ago by mitchell.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 hours ago #2600 by coindrummer
Hi Mitchell

This is one cool collection of GSA related historical items. How rare are stand-up's as the one shown?

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 11 months ago #2601 by Loosechange
I myself have picked up that exact standup at a coin show in NH. Other than Mitchells' it was only the third one I have seen since the early seventies. I need to have mine matted and framed. The auctions that Mitchell posted showed one of the stand ups that I never remember seeing and they both brought some big money. It looks like collectors are catching on how rare these actually are. I couldn't believe my eyes when I located one. It took some convincing to pry it away from the dealer who sells alot of Carson City Morgan Dollars to get it from him. I assured him that as long as I have it that it would not be resold. In a previous post I said that when my wonderful wife could help me post a picture I will put one here. Be patient Drummer one will come your way and you will be able to grab it.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 11 months ago #2602 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

Thanks for the helpful info....I'm happy you were able to talk that dealer into giving/selling that "stand-up" to you....yes...I'd love to eventually get a few myself. They really have become quite collectible.
I'll be patient and eventually some will come my way.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 11 months ago #2604 by randysc
Heck, I wouldn't mind having just one. On a side note, the bearded guy in the standup holding a lantern is supposed to be mine owner James G. Fair, one of the "Big Four" and future Nevada Senator. Just a little extra info.
-R-

More
12 years 11 months ago #2605 by Loosechange
Wow Randy that is excellent info. I would have never known such information without you guys and this forum. It makes the piece even more interesting with a bit of story behind it, makes it more than just a stand up on a shelf or wall hanging.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds