c4oa header mint

Discussion Board Closing Announcement

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3876 by marie
We launched the C4OA Web site in May 2009.

Right now, the site runs on a very outdated platform, which is no longer supported by webmasters or technical help forums. This is fine for our website, but the forum cannot operate without problems in the older version. (Many of you noticed the glitch in post counts a few months back, and how long it took to correct.)

As of January 2, 2012, the Discussion Board will no longer be live (In other words, you will not be able to post new messages).

All categories, threads, and replies will be frozen as archives. Registered members will still be able to view all forum content for educational reference. New members can also register to view the Discussion Board's archived articles and comments.

Our decision is based on not only the expense and time, that we can no longer provide, but especially on the lack of participation from our members.

You faithful members (you know who you are) who have supported the Discussion Board, unfortunately only represent 1% of our membership.

This Discussion Board never fulfilled our vision of its being an active forum, with dozens if not hundreds of participants, for the exchange of information about Carson City coins and related topics.

Although we realize closing the Discussion Board will affect only a few of our members, we still want to thank everyone who visited the forum and who, in any way (large or small), supported the Discussion Board for the last two and a half years.

Our best to all of you for the coming New Year.

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by marie. Reason: Bold & sizing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3877 by Garryn
Another sad development. This discussion forum was a most unique idea and furthered the study of Carson City coinage by leaps and bounds. But I am not surprised it has to end. These technologies have their limitations. Maybe the club can migrate to a Facebook page or Linked In or something.

It was fun. Happy New Year to you and yours Marie. Thanks very much.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Garryn.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3878 by Loosechange
Another sad day indeed. This discussion board has been one of the most important things to me I will miss it and all the regulars that posted their thoughts and ideas and everything "CC" related. This has been the most fun I have had in numismatics. So like the Battle Born Collection we will be broken apart. Many Thanks to the Goes" and all that they have provided through this great venue.

A very saddened Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3888 by coindrummer
A sad announcement...but I do understand

What a shame...this was such an amazing site

All the other numismatic blog-sites will probably continue on....and not one of them offers anything remotely close to what this site does.
The 111 week "CC" Coin of the Week program is only one of the many great things that come to mind when discussing what this site has to offer. What other site has anything like this? NONE is the answer..What a shame that more of us did not take advantage of this wonderful "CC" gift site.

I will miss this wonderful site greatly. I remain thankful and grateful for all the education, writing and communication opportunities this site offered to us all...I am appreciative that we had this at all...even if only for a few years, finally, I am grateful for all the camaraderie this unique site has offered.
So, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you Rusty and Marie, Maya and the Southgate crew - and all my C4OA blog site friends for this wonderful gift! I have enjoyed it more than words can say.

the drummer :(

P.S. If you happen to see a little small spot on this post here don't worry, it's only a teardrop....

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by coindrummer.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3894 by gsmick
WOW!?
As a fairly new member, this is the first and basically the only place I visited on a regular basis on the website. Now that it will be gone in 2012, where will I be able to get updated information on meetings and events? I agree "so sad". Could it possibly come back??

More
12 years 4 months ago #3901 by pmk700
I am sorry to see the discussion board go...I guess I am one of the 99% who mainly read, but rarely post. I have learned a lot from this site. I have never felt versed enough to post much, but enjoyed the comments of others. Perhaps a private Facebook group would be a good next step. That would allow administrators to protect the privacy of members and still continue the discussion. Just an idea. Thanks to all of the 1%ers who contributed...you gave so much of your expertise to those of us at the novice level. Best wishes to all for a Happy New Year. Trish

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds