c4oa header mint

ANA Chicago Show...next week!

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #2952 by maryelise8863
I think this is my first time EVER posting in a discussion forum. I'm feeling a bit tech-challenged, so please be patient with me.

Is anyone coming to the ANA Chicago Show next week? I live here, so... Yep, the newbie, who doesn't actually collect coins, will be at the show. Along with the great folks from Southgate, of course!

Though I'm not a collector, I am anxious to meet all the wonderful people I've heard about in the C4OA. You can tell me stories and give me pointers until my head explodes if you'd like. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to those who commented on my first Curry's Chronicle article. I hope to write about my experiences at the ANA Show, and about a coin assignment dear old Dad has given me.

See you at the show! Mary Elise

Mary Elise
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by maryelise8863.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2957 by Ms. Maya
Mary Elise,

Rusty will be at the meeting, and hopefully more members will show up. We've only heard from a handful of members so far who said they would be at the meeting. We will have a discussion forum, with everyone seated in a circle or around a conference table set-up. The forum will be open to members who want to show and tell about their favorite areas of Carson City collectibles and history. There will also be a question-and-answer session, and, as always, everyone who attends will introduce him-herself.

Rusty will be at the meeting room 4 by 12:30 Thursday afternoon to start setting everything up. I know he will appreciate seeing you there and for the enthusiasm and support you will bring to the meeting.

From one female C4OAer to another, I'm glad to see you getting involved on this discussion board forum.

Maya

PS- If you decide on a nickname, let me know!

More
12 years 9 months ago #2958 by maryelise8863
Thanks, Maya!

Please tell Rusty I'll be happy to help with setup, etc. on Thursday. I plan to be there most of the day (Dad gave me an assignment!). You have my phone number, correct? (My volunteer time with the ANA is only on Tuesday.)

Let's see how the nickname thing pans out. I have some from other jobs...like General (uh, bossy much?), Gadget Girl (promos), and Marnold (boring). Right now the only thing I can think of is Coattails, as in riding on those of my parents.

Sorry I won't see all of you next week. But we'll see you again in Spring 2012 for sure!

Mary Elise

Mary Elise

More
12 years 9 months ago #2959 by Garryn
I take it that the meeting is on Thursday afternoon? Are you all going to be at the show on Saturday? That is the only time I can make it. The show closes down each day at 5:30.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2962 by maryelise8863
Sorry, Garryn, I don't know Rusty's schedule. I won't be at the show on Saturday though...prior commitment.

Apparently I will be there Monday through Friday after all. I just got my final volunteer schedule, and they plugged me in every day except Thursday. Thursday's my free day.

Mary Elise

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #2963 by Ms. Maya
Hi guys (and girls, wow),

As a reminder to everyone, here is the schedule and location of the C4OA's annual meeting at the Chicago ANA's World's Fair of Money:

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL
Meeting Room 4, on Level One

Date:
Thursday, August 18, 2011

Time:
1:00 - 3:00 P.M

~~~~~~~

@ Garryn, Rusty will be returning home on Friday, August 19, so he won't be at the show on Saturday. Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend the C4OA meeting!

@ Mary Elise//Coattails :-), Good to hear you'll be getting great exposure to the world of numismatics. Lots of people would dream of attending the show for 5 days (even if they had to work it for 4 days... It's fun work!).
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Color

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds