c4oa header mint

ANA Chicago Show...next week!

More
12 years 8 months ago #3036 by maryelise8863
Thank you, Loosechange! It's also nice to know I'm not the only ANA Show newbie...though this was only my second show ever. I didn't pay much attention at the first one I went to, which I think was in San Francisco many years ago.

Drummer, we'll see just how well, or not, I did on the coin purchase once the expert takes a look at it. It's for Dad...or so the story goes. As far as coin dealers "Goe," I think I have a pretty good idea who is the best!

Since I know how you collectors are about memorabilia... ;)

Here are the ANA Show goodies for my proud papa. I mentioned some of them while talking on the phone with him Saturday...I'm terrible at keeping secrets. But he doesn't have the details, except about the coin, of course.

Mary Elise
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3051 by Ms. Maya
Mary Elise,

Looks similar to everyone else's haul when they come back from an ANA convention! The badge, the program, and all the other goodies.

Hopefully you spent the weekend resting up from what was no doubt a strenuous, event-filled week. I know I did when I got back from the L.A. ANA... No more heels... ever.:P

I'm happy you were able to assist Rusty with the meeting, and chase down a would-be Curry's theif, haha! (Hey, at least we know our publication is prized enough to be stolen!)

We'll look forward to receiving your article for the fall-winter 2011 Curry's. I'm sure the other Discussion Board members are already wringing their hands in anticipation.

Thanks again for your on-the-spot reporting. It's great to have another active member on the forum!

Maya

PS- Glad to see you got a ribbon! Rusty and I had to fight for ours, haha!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Ms. Maya.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3060 by Belayoff
Maryelise,

I followed your Chicago escapades form my I phone while on a brief vacation in Hawaii. Your amazement, wonder, confusion, glee and sore feet are reminiscent of my first big coin show experience.

Thanks for your diligent reporting on the club's web site. I am in Carson City attending the coin show this weekend and am using the hotel's computer. When I get home tomorrow, and have a real keyboard at my disposal, I will try to answer some of the questions you posed about terminology. Till then...just know that we're all enjoying your growing enthusiasm for Carson City coins as we too are passionate about this amazing branch of numismatics.

Belay Off

PS: Had dinner with your dad and mom at Southgate's annual staff and friends dinner last night. They are terrific people whom I admire greatly.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3065 by maryelise8863
Thanks, Belay Off! And I have to agree...I have pretty great parents. ;)

PS - Hawai'i, huh? I'm feeling a little envy. But...I'm in Napa, CA right now. Shouldn't complain too much, I guess!

Mary Elise
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by maryelise8863.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3072 by coindrummer
Hi Maryelise

My wife Jo Ann and I had the funnest time this past weekend at the NV State Museum coin show plus two nights of fabulous dinners (Friday and Saturday) with your mom and dad....they are just the greatest folks!

Next time, please be there with us...it was an absolutely great weekend.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds