c4oa header mint

Aug 2012 - Battle Borne collection at Stacks-Bowers!!!!!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3871 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

I agree with you completely here. It's sad to think that a collection of this greatness will soon be scattered to the four winds. We likely will never again have a complete set of "CC" coins of this stature...heck, we'll be lucky to ever see a complete 111-piece set of "CC" coins of ANY stature again in our lifetimes!

It's a shame that when this historic and unique Battle Born set was together it wasn't displayed in public at least a couple of times....

If there's any way for any of us to get to Orlando this January this will be the chance to view the set live and in person.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3872 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

A picture of the Battle Born collection...Priceless!!!

Hopefully, that can come to be

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3873 by Belayoff
Drummer,

I may be incorrect, but I think the BBC will be displayed during the year at other venues as well. I'll call Stacks and ask if they have a calendar of appearances for the BBC and will post it if possible.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3874 by coindrummer
Hi Randysc

The answer:

ONE and only ONE complete 111-piece "CC" set can exist at one time (1873-CC no arrows dime - one known)

FIVE 110-piece "CC" sets can exist at one time (1873-CC no arrows quarter - 5 known)

and...about 16 to 18 (estimated) 109-piece "CC" sets can exist at one time - like the Biltz set at the Nevada State Museum (1876-cc 20 cent - 16 to 18 known)

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3875 by coindrummer
Hi Belay

I hope you are right...more than likely I won't make it to Orlando in January....if there was a BBC viewing in another city anywhere close to me I will definitely go. Hopefully I can meet up with other C4OAers (like yourself) as well.
"Camera...Don't leave home without it!"

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3879 by Loosechange
That for sure will be one sight to see! All of a suuden Philadelphia does not seem so far away!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds