c4oa header mint

Aug 2012 - Battle Borne collection at Stacks-Bowers!!!!!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3865 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

I agree with you, it really is sad that this one of a kind Battleborn collection is being sold off.

It seems as though the set just got completed and the owner enjoyed the finest complete 111-piece "CC" set (only the second complete set in history and THE finest of the two by far) for only a short while.

During the ownership period the Battleborn collector either chose to or HAD too remain anonymous....heck, what fun is that? If I were the owner I'd want to shout it from the rooftops. I'd a made a point of displaying that most unique set at major coin shows....photographed it...displayed it again and again....made books/booklets about it and generally let the world know what an incredible set of coins this was...."CC" coin complete set...the most glorious in all of numismatics!

The trouble is that these amazing coins will now scatter. A complete "CC" set of the high caliber of the Battleborn may never exist again.

Yes...it really is kind of sad :( ....well said Garryn

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3866 by Loosechange
Too bad that the set could not be displayed for all to enjoy at the Nevada State Museum (Carson City Mint). What a sight that would be since the last time that a complete set was ever there was when Rusty displayed the two coins that the museum does not have ( and we all certainly enjoyed Rusty's Coin of the Week posts on these ). It is sad that they will not be together anymore.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 4 months ago #3867 by Garryn
Thats a good question, was the set ever exhibited publicly?

More
12 years 4 months ago #3868 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

To my knowledge...no....the Battle Born collection has never been on public display.

The closest thing to a public display came in August of 2004 at the Nevada State Museum annual coin show where Rusty and Marie took THEE dime and a (not Battle Born) 1873-CC no arrows quarter and had them mounted in a plastic slab in the shape of Nevada and displayed them alongside the 109 piece "CC" Norman Biltz/NV State Museum collection.
This marked the first and so far only time in history that the Biltz collection became complete at 111 pieces...even if only for a day.

The upcoming January 2012 FUN show in Orlando promises to publicly display the complete Battle Born collection for the first time ever...and likely the LAST time ever.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3869 by randysc
I know I should know this, and I could probably find out if I did a little digging, but by asking this question the answer will be on this site for all to see. How many complete 111 piece Carson City coin sets can exist at one time, all together at the same time?
-R-

More
12 years 4 months ago #3870 by Loosechange
I have a friend that will be at the Fun show selling. I will ask if he could get a picture ( hopefully a good one and if he's not to busy ) and I could share with those interested here.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds