c4oa header mint

Aug 2012 - Battle Borne collection at Stacks-Bowers!!!!!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3891 by coindrummer
I like that Loosechange

Not "if" I hit the Lotto, but "when" I hit the Lotto....now that's true optimism!

the drummer

PS When you hit that thing don't forget your old drummer friend! :laugh:

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3893 by Loosechange
Drummer, you most certainly are worthy! I know that I have never been a big picture poster here but I think it will be time before it shuts down that I get my wife to help me post some pictures of some really cool Carson City related objects. We still have a lot of life left here.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 4 months ago #3895 by coindrummer
Hi loosechange

I'll be looking forward to your posts!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3896 by coindrummer
Hi again Randysc

I must've been having a "senior moment" when I failed to mention that your question can be answered in full by reading Rusty Goe's unparalleled post on the "KING" 1873-CC without arrows (unique) ex-Eliasburg seated liberty dime.

this post is in the DISCUSSION BOARD under the heading "111 Week "CC" Coin of the Week program dated 12/18/2011 This post is in fact the final C.O.W. post capping off what has proven to be a most delightfully surprising project for all readers and participants.

This amazing 2-part post (complete with historic photos and crystal clear coin images) provides a complete history on this fabled one-of-a-kind royal coin unlike anything you've ever read before...ever!

Do yourself a huge favor and read this amazing and historic accounting of THEE dime and make a comment on it while there's still time.
You won't be sorry!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3897 by Carsonite
Stack's Bowers leaked "teaser" information about the sale of the Battle Born collection 10 days ago, and then sent out its global announcement yesterday (Tuesday December 27, 2011). News of this sale is spreading like wild fire. I'm sure that by New Year's weekend, if you type in "Battle Born collection - Stack's" in Google you will see many search results.

As I told Stack's Bowers, this auction will be the biggest event in the history of Carson City coin collecting. All "CC" coin enthusiasts should experience as much of the excitement connected to this event as possible.

Announcements will be forthcoming in all three issues of Curry's Chronicle in 2012. Stack's Bowers will be advertizing about the Battle Born collection in all three issues.

I wanted to give them as much time to publicize the sale of this historic collection as I could. They are committed to doing a great job in making the whole world aware of it. I have been collaborating with their marketing and catalog departments.

As a part of the publicity campaign, Stack's Bowers has agreed to display the Battle Born collection at seven major coin conventions in advance of the grand showing at the Philadelphia ANA's World's Fair of Money in August next year.

For all of you who are interested, I have prepared the following schedule of Stack's Bowers's pre-Philadelphia displays of the Battle Born collection:

Battle Born Collection Exhibitions for 2012

FUN Convention
    Orlando, FL
    January 5–8

Long Beach Expo
    Long Beach, CA
    February 2–4

Whitman Baltimore Expo
    Baltimore, MD
    March 22–25

Central States Convention
    Schaumburg, IL
    April 18–21

ANA National Money Show
    Denver, CO
    May 10–12

Long Beach Expo
    Long Beach, CA
    May 31–June 2

Whitman Baltimore Expo
    Baltimore, MD
    June 28–July 1
For all of you who can make it, Philadelphia in August 2012 will be the place to be. With our annual C4OA meeting and the sale of the Battle Born collection (with auction lot viewing ahead of time at the convention), Carson City coin collectors could not ask for a more rewarding experience.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Sizing - Bolding - Spacing

More
12 years 4 months ago #3898 by coindrummer
Hi Rusty

Thank you for this invaluable info.

Armed with this new knowledge thanks to you Rusty I'm ecstatic to announce that I will definitely be able to make one of those available BBC viewing dates/venues with a high probability that my viewing venue will be the Long Beach Expo in May and June of 2012.

I am also fervently working on attending the BBC auction in Philadelphia....a dream come true just to be there for this historic event.

With the BBC Nationwide multi-venue viewings throughout 2012, the August BBC Stacks auction in Philly and the August C4OA Regional Meeting in Carson City, we have a monumental "CC" year in front of us all....I'm wondering...did the Mayan Calendar predict these amazing events?

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds